[:en]No one wants to get sick—not before their trip or during their trip. Well how do you avoid or minimize your chances of getting sick?
There are plenty of ways!
In this article, we will discuss 5 things you can do before your trip and during your travel excursions.
5 Natural Ways to Prevent Illness When Traveling:
- Wash your hands frequently. We emphasize that you use natural soap and water
prior to using a hand sanitizer. Keep a natural hand sanitizer handy (we included a homemade recipe for a lightly scented natural hand sanitizer at the end of this article). When possible, sanitize things before you use them—including your hotel room. When you’re out in public at restaurants, malls, etc, be sure to wash your hands frequently (or at the very least, use hand sanitizer). Doing so will help to kill germs and bacteria before your body gets the chance to absorb them. Just remember—when traveling, it’s impossible to wash or sanitize your hands TOO much!
- Take immune-boosting vitamins or supplements. Visit your local natural store or our online NutraCare store. Have someone help you choose which product(s) you need to keep your immune system strong and ready to fight bacteria and germs. A strong immune system before and during your trip will greatly reduce the chances of picking up the common cold or other illnesses. Take 5,000 IU of Vitamin D3, or if you are beginning to feel the flu coming on, take 50,000 IU for 5 days then drop to 10,000 IU. Also, use colloidal silver prior to the flight and during the flight; spray it under your tongue and on your face.
- Stay hydrated. Water is the source of all life. It is very important that your body gets the fluids it needs to support a healthy immune system. You can also benefit from regular daily water intake in other ways, such as beautiful, healthy-looking skin! Get in the habit of drinking water and other non-sugary, decaffeinated beverages. Your body and your health will thank you.
- Eat a healthy diet. A healthy diet filled with plenty of vegetables and fruits is a great way to stay healthy. Savor the seasons when eating fresh foods—for example, fall foods are excellent ways to get the vitamins and nutrients your body needs to stay healthy. Eat light and eat organic chicken soup. Also, exercising and eating healthy go hand in hand. Even though you are on vacation or traveling, do not forget to exercise. Exercising has so many great benefits to keep you from getting sick. Also, add probiotics to your regimen and your diet (at least 5 to 10 billion CFUs of multiple strains).
- Relax—don’t stress out. We even wrote an article about this—“5 quick tips to reduce stress.” Stress is not worth it. It’ll run you down ragged, bringing your immune system down with it. Regulate your sleep patterns and add melatonin. Rule of thumb: Take 3 mg of melatonin and add 1 mg for each hour of time zone you cross. For example, for 5 hrs from GMT, you should add 5mg to the 3mg. Always remember—you’re too blessed to be stressed—especially since you are going on a traveling excursion!
Call Progressive Medical Center For More Information!
Do you have questions regarding your immune system or any other health issue you’re experiencing? Our experienced integrative doctors are more than happy to speak with you. Just give us a call today at a location nearest you!
Remember, traveling is exciting but stressful, so make sure you incorporate plenty of humor…a cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries the bones!
Ingredients to Make a Lightly Scented Natural Hand Sanitizer
- 5-10 drops lavender essential oil
- 30 drops tea tree essential oil – choose a 0.5% concentration
- 1 Tablespoon witch hazel extract or high-proof vodka
- 8 ounces 100% pure aloe vera gel
- ¼ teaspoon Vitamin E oil – a natural preservative that increases shelf
life and to soften hands