Progressive Medical Center seeks out the best in Alzheimer’s Treatment. By combining medical expertise with technology, we work to identify the underlying causes of your cognitive decline, and then guide your doctor and support team in correctly treating them. We also work preventatively with patients to mitigate and push off Alzheimers symptoms.
ONSET & SYMPTOMS
Today, 5.4 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease – 5.2 million aged 65 and over. By 2050, as many as 16 million Americans will have the disease. Two-thirds of those with the disease are women. Of Americans aged 65 and over, 1 in 8 has Alzheimer’s, and nearly half of people aged 85.
Some symptoms you may be familiar with include:
- Memory loss, especially of recent events, names, placement of objects, and other new information
- Confusion about time and place
- Struggling to complete familiar actions, such as brushing teeth or getting dressed
- Trouble finding the appropriate words, completing sentences, and following directions and conversations
- Poor judgment when making decisions
- Changes in mood and personality, such as increased suspicion, rapid and persistent mood swings, withdrawal, and disinterest in usual activities
- Difficulty with complex mental assignments, such as balancing a checkbook or other tasks involving numbers
What can you do to protect the brain? Reduce Brain Inflammation! To begin, here are 5 steps toward a healthy mind:
- Eat plenty of Flavonoids. How about blueberries, green tea, cocoa, celery, and curcumin/turmeric. These are super foods. Also high on the ORAC value (Oxygen radical absorbance capacity) A measurement of anti-oxidants. They help to reduce inflammation throughout the body, including in the brain
- Eat health fats. The brain is reliant on healthy fats to function properly. These include healthy Omega 3’s from Fish Oil, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, and fats from nuts. We recommend you work with a dietitian to ensure these don’t conflict with other health issues/treatments, but overall, healthy fats make for a healthier brain.
- Test for Homocystein levels. One of the main culprits of brain inflammation is exposure to a toxic amino acid homocystein, a byproduct of protein metabolism. Too much can weaken your blood vessels ability to expand ultimately lead to inadequate blood flow. Homocystein can easily be reduced taking specific B Vitamins and adding green leafy vegetables. Vitamin B 6, B12, Folic acid and TMG can safely lower your levels. Get your levels checked.
- Decrease your exposure to pollutants. Pollutants are everywhere and are a serious factors concerning brain inflammation. Everyday items such as food and drink containers, dental products, cosmetics, hair products contain chemicals that can disrupt your endocrine system. Therefore, it is important to eliminate all chemicals form your diet and use all natural hygiene products.
- Most importantly engage in a regular detox program. Substances (toxins) from our daily environment, food supply, and lifestyle habits can compromise our health. Natural detoxification is a constant bodily process by which the liver filters and removes these harmful substances. Our body’s process of self-cleansing also requires adequate nutrients; therefore, any macro or micronutrient deficiencies can impair this process. Guided detoxification and nutrition programs at Progressive can ensure you are doing this in the most healthy manner.
TREATMENT & THERAPIES
Our Alzheimer’s treatment varies based on individuals, as we customize the program to address the root causes of cognitive decline. We offer many unique therapies at Progressive Medical Center to treat Alzheimer’s, including:
Supplements & IVs
Through advanced diagnostics and determining root cause, we can select the custom therapies right to treat each individual, to reduce brain inflammation and treat peripheral symptoms such as depression that can result from memory loss.
In addition, we implement a thorough process to ensure we are treating the proper root cause. We partner with Muses Labs MEND™ Protocol. It brings together 30 years of scientific research and a team of highly respected Alzheimer’s researchers, Doctors, and advanced technology. The approach to age related cognitive decline, dementia, and Alzheimer’s disease is based on a deep understanding of the molecular biology of the brain – and the bodily systems that support it. This Protocol identifies optimal interventions, including FDA-approved medications, supplements, and lifestyle changes. It also helps users follow personalized treatment plans with the support and tools to set goals, measure changes, and celebrate accomplishments.
The Mend Protocol Process consists of 4 steps designed for your memory and a better quality of life:
Call 770-676-6000 today to schedule a consultation or fill out the contact form: