Every week we manage to turn on the news, log on to Facebook, or maybe catch an episode of Dr. Oz, hoping to gain some critical insight into our health.
We want to eat properly and do the right exercises, but it can still all get a bit overwhelming with the supplement fads and diet trends that seem to come and go with each season.
How can I really gain insight into my health in a world that couldn’t seem more diluted?
The truth is we can simplify the issue as much as possible by understanding that the barometer for our overall health begins and ends with our digestive system. Our health is literally happening within the digestive system’s ability to breakdown, absorb, assimilate, and eliminate everything we eat.
The problem for the vast majority of us is that beginning in our youth we develop bad habits, imbalances, and dysfunctions that can plague us for a lifetime.
To add insult to injury if you experience actual symptoms such as indigestion, heartburn, bloating, and constipation our medical system isn’t trained to identify the cause but rather connect you to whatever medication you need.
Take a little purple pill or a high potency laxative and the problem is “solved”. Not only are you not getting better but you’re likely masking a problem that will eventually lead to even greater challenges ahead.
In other words, folks, we’ve got to take control of our health.
6 Keys to Regaining Your Health Through Digestion:
- Chew your food – this is the easiest thing anyone can do to insure proper digestion and most people don’t. We shovel meals as quickly as possible while driving, talking, and washing it down with sodas and teas. Before you eat stop, recognize that you are feeding yourself, downshift your stress levels, and CHEW YOUR FOOD. Your body will thank you!
- Reduce Inflammation – the fire of chronic digestive inflammation has to be extinguished in order even begin to rejuvenate your intestinal tract. We recommend products like Foundation Gut Enhancement, Probiotic Complete , and Intestamine.
- Balance Stomach Acid – believe it or not most people product too little acid as opposed to too much. Prozyme is a good product to take with meals to support healthy acid levels along with extra enzymes to support better digestion.
- Have regular bowel movements – At Progressive we believe we should be having at least 2 bowel movements a day. Many struggle with this for a multitude of reasons so to help ignite the “peristalsis” or transit time we recommend Natural Calm magnesium in your choice of flavors.
- Remove waste – Over time our bowels accumulate toxic matter that chronically makes us feel sick and tired. Any digestive rejuvenation program should consist of a digestive cleanse to eliminate a lifetime of neglect to this area, we recommend Colon Hydrotherapy with Ilan Irie and a collection of products such as EZ Fiber and Colon Assist.
- Uncover hidden food sensitivities -most of us have a collection of hidden foods that make us chronically sick or at least rob us of energy. Solution, get tested at our facility and remove these foods from your diet. If now is not a good time, we recommend a 4 week period of no dairy, gluten, soy, peanuts, and eggs. These are the most common foods our bodies develop resistance to and one month away from them can not only change your life but help you identify which foods to avoid if you want to stay healthy.
Whether your needs are to increase your overall intestinal health through a customized treatment protocol or to identify and treat the root cause of your issues, then our physician team at Progressive Medical Center can help.
Call us today to schedule a new patient appointment at 770-676-6000.