Hereditary Cancer Screening & Prevention
Know your Risk
The Leading Test to Determine Hereditary Cancer Risk AND Leading Plans to Prevent Cancer Onset
Genetic Cancer Risk Factors
Cancer risk can be passed down from parents. This is called hereditary mutation. Mutations can be acquired from one or both parents and are present in almost every cell. People who carry such variants are not guaranteed to get cancer. However, the risk of developing the disease is statistically higher.
For example, those with the BRCA Gene are 72% likely to develop Cancer (Breast 0r Ovarian) by the age of 80, compared to 11% for the average female population.
What if you could know your specific cancer risks? Wouldn’t you want to know?
Now you can
What if there were treatments to prevent and even defer the risks of specific cancers?
Now there are
Testing for 30 types of Cancer
The Hereditary Cancer Risk Assessment Profile looks at 30 different genes that influence the risk of cancer. These genes are modified by environmental and lifestyle factors, which can have both a positive and negative effect. Through dietary changes, phytonutrients, and lifesytle modifications, these genes can be limited in their expression of cancer, even if they do statistically have a higher likelihood of cancer onset. This test also examines mitochondrial health, to see if more support is needed for the body to function at a higher-performing level, which should also lower the chances of cancer onset. That is to say, even if someone tests positive for say BRCA genes, there are preventative measures that can be taken to make the body unfriendly to cancer cells.
Who should be tested?
- Patients with a personal history of cancer
- Patients with a family history of cancer
- Patients with a family history of early onset of cancer
- Patients with family members who have variants in hereditary cancer genetic test results
The statistics are somewhat staggering for Cancer in that 1 in 3 will be diagnosed in their lifetime. Specific risks include:
- Breast Cancer: 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with bread cancer. It is the 2nd leading cause of cancer death amongst women
- Skin Cancer: 1 in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer. It is more common than breast, prostate, lung, and colon cancers combined.
- Colorectal Cancer: 1 in 20 will be diagnosed. This is the 2nd leading cause of cancer deaths amongst Americans, and often is not caught early enough.
- Prostate Cancer: 1 in 7 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime.
- Ovarian Cancer: this ranks 5th amongst cancer deaths for women
Testing early allows for smart preventative plans to be put in place.
- Many of the issues with cancer come from not addressing it soon enough.
Lower your risk of developing cancer.
- Given the right environment, cancer can thrive. Given an inhospitable environment to cancer, it can be killed off by the body’s natural defenses. Progressive provides specific and individually customized plans based on your genetics and biology to make your body environment as inhospitable to cancer cells as possible.
Test to know your personal genetics, and also for your family.
- Some Genes are more likely to result in cancer than the average population’s genes. These genes can be passed down to our children and grandchildren. By testing an individual’s biology, they can alert their family as to potential gene mutations they may have inhereted/passed down. This will allow family members to be tested as well, and put in place an early prevention plan to keep cancer away.
Insurance typically covers this test for anyone with a family history or personal history of cancer.
- Please call our patient care coordinators to confirm your specific details and insurance coverage
CANCER PREVENTION PLANS
Preventative Plans. For every single one of the 30 gene mutations we test for, there are specific protocols of treatment that will strengthen the body, make it inhosipitible to cancer cells, and ultimately prevent or eliminate the onset of cancer itself. We provide both a fully natural and non-invasive preventative options, and can discuss other options and their risk reduction possiblities. For those without mutations, there are therapies and lifestyle modification plans we can develop to lower your chance of cancer as well.
Example treatments that may be effective in your cancer prevention solution could be
- High-dose Vitamin C IV’s: powerful eliminator of certain types of cancer cells
- Hyperbaric Oxygen: cancer cells hate oxygen, so we saturate your body with oxygen
- Heavy Metal Detox: removing toxic load strengthens the body to fight cancer cells
- Inflammation reduction plans: an inflammed body is compromised in its ability to fight off enemies
- Lymph drainage: stimulating the lymph system to remove toxins from the body
- Diet Modifications: sugars can feed cancer cells and have other toxic side effects to the body. Our registered dieticians customize diets to optimize each individual’s health
Curious as to whether your insurance covers this test? what it tests for? if you’re a good candidate for this? specifics on how the test is run or how long it takes? Give our specialists a call and they will be happy to answer all of your questions.
Progressive wants to increase longevity, decrease the fear of cancer, and strengthen each individual against cancer one patient at a time! Join us in preventing cancer, for your health and your family’s health.