The weather is getting cooler as fall rolls in, and that always has us reaching for rich dishes. Before you reach for that comfort food sandwich, with bread and gluten and flour in it, dig into a colorful and delicious Fall Cornucopia Salad instead! Full of nutrients and delightful to the eye, this salad will fill you up and make you feel great. A complete lunch or lighter dinner awaits!
As always, work within your Progressive Medical Center Food Sensitivities Test Results
Ingredients (organic please!):
- Acorn squash
- Baby spinach and spring greens
- Healthy dressing of your choice (Recommended: avocado oil green goddess dressing)
- Olive oil
First, clean & the following veggies:
- Acorn squash
Halve the acorn squash.
Using light olive oil or avocado oil, lightly toss these veggies and a dash of salt and pepper to season
Then grill up these veggies.
When cooled, chop into bite-size pieces & set aside
In addition, clean & roast the beets with a light amount of olive oil.
Chop into bite-size pieces after roasting & set aside
Cut the avocado into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
Cook up the bacon & chop into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
Shave the jicama. Set aside.
To assemble the salad,
- Line the bowl with dressing
- Lay a bed of lettuce atop the dressing
- Add the grilled veggies, beets, avocado, & bacon to the salad, each in their own area
- Add shaved jicama to the center of the salad
- Enjoy your healthy and delicious fall salad!