Healthy joints and mobility are critical for a healthy life! Arthritis is characterized by stiff, aching joints and can hinder movement and comfort. People have been led to believe that these are just normal signs of aging, but with proper treatments we have seen different results. We have seen incredible reduction in pain and even reversal of degeneration at Progressive.
Don’t buy into the myth that age means you will be less mobile. Seek out the proper treatment today.
Osteoarthritis and arthritis are reaching epidemic proportion. There are more than 100 different types of arthritis and related conditions. People of all genders, race and age can and do have arthritis, and it is the leading cause of disability in America. More than 50 million adults and 300,000 children have some type of arthritis.
Osteoarthritis is when the cartilage between bones and joints wears down, allowing bones to rub together rather than giving them the protection and cushion they need. Cartilage deterioration over time can affect the cushion & functionality of the joints, making it painful to move around.
Most conventional treatments for arthritis don’t address its underlying causes — plus they can cause dependency long term and pose many side effects.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic autoimmune disorder. It affects joints, causing pain and limited mobility. It is triggered from things like stress, food sensitivity inflammation, and illness, as those are times when inflammation levels rise in the body. Progressive has developed an exceptional program to manage rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and reduce inflammation. This not only causes pain relief and increased mobility, but also long term health benefits of reduced medication, reduced joint damage, reduced inflammation in the body, and overall body & health balance.
Natural treatments may include:
• Chiropractic Care – Alignment of the spine is important for a healthy nervous system. All the signals to your muscles and organs travel through the spinal cord. If there are traffic jams in this communication “roadway,” pain, muscle, and joint dysfunction set in. Chiropractic care can provide significant pain relief.
• Physical Medicine – Progressive offers many treatments for physical medicine to help reduce pain and inflammation in the body, allowing it to return to balance. Hyperbaric oxygen helps the body to reduce inflammation and fix itself by saturating the body with oxygen. Far-infrared sauna time helps reduce body inflammation deep within the tissues. Other physical medicine therapies such as bio-matrix, biomat, Aspen laser, and Soundwave therapy have all been useful in treating and reducing pain. Finally, Cryotherapy has been reported to stave off pain for a number of days.
• Orthotic Alignment for Preventing Joint Wear – Hip and knee surgeries are skyrocketing, and many of these procedures have to be done more than once. Why? There is a link in HOW we are treating arthritis and osteoarthritis that needed to be uncovered. The assumption is if you weigh too much and you live too long, you will of course need a knee replacement. But as Dr. Pack points out, the author of The Arthritis Revolution, the pain always starts in one joint first, then the other and there is always one that hurts more. If it were just weight and age, then both should hurt the same, because they are supporting the same weight and are the same age. One key is how important alignment is. No one is made perfectly. No one has perfect alignment. By using orthotics, we can correct these imperfections that we were born with. When we distribute weight evenly we avoid damaging joints. When movement creates pain, we move less and less until we are very slowed down and out of the game of life.
• Gastrointestinal Health – Your overall health and metabolism are tied to your gut. The gastrointestinal tract is where we break down food into much smaller molecules that are then absorbed and used by the body to make energy, repair tissue, and clear toxins. If there is irritation or inflammation in the gut due to poor diet, this can tell the whole body to go on “red alert,” and malfunction. Food allergies commonly cause joint pain and inflammation in the gut which can harm the whole body. An anti-inflammatory, whole foods diet will help calm down pain and inflammation in the body.
• Detoxification – Toxins damage the nervous system. Many people have accumulated toxins in their bodies that cause inflammation and pain. Our team guides you through a safe and effective detoxification program.
• Nutrition – Cells in the body cannot function properly without vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and fatty acids. Your doctor will prescribe nutritional supplements to correct nutritional deficiencies you have. Proper nutrition allows the nerve cells to work at optimum capacity and can reduce pain.
• Hormones – A healthy body requires balanced hormones. These powerful molecules can overwhelm the body when they are driven too high by stress, toxicity, or poor metabolism. Low levels of hormones make a person listless and fatigued. We will test your hormones and develop a treatment to strike the right balance for you.
• Sleep Support – Natural techniques and supplements for better sleep can often help reduce pain symptoms and improve immune function.
• Acupuncture – Acupuncture, which is based on ancient Chinese medical practices, is one of the oldest forms of treatment for chronic pain.
• Massage – Massage therapy can be a beneficial part of an integrative treatment plan for those with resulting muscle tension from arthritis and may help relieve a wide variety of symptoms.