With the heat outdoors turned up, our bodies often want to lean down and feel lighter. This specialty salad is designed to give your body so many amazing micronutrients as well as help your body clean out and detox any bad stuff stuck in your system.
It is tasty and amazingly good for you.
As always, we recommend using organic ingredients and staying within your Progressive Food Sensitivities recommendations!
Summer Detox Salad Recipe
By: Progressive Medical Center Nutritionists
Makes 2 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups kale
- ½ cup arugula
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
Mix dressing ingredients together, adding oils in last and whisking until consistency is even. Mix salad ingredients together. Toss in dressing, and enjoy!