If you’ve been experiencing inflammation in your joints, the type of joint pain you are feeling may be mildly annoying or even severely debilitating. Maybe you’ve been in pain for a few days or your pain is persistent, lasting for months.
This pain is interfering with your life, and nothing you’re doing is working. So, how exactly can you go about treating this problem?
Joint pain can have many different causes, but when you come to Progressive Medical Center, our team uses a comprehensive and integrative approach to provide you with quick and lasting relief.
What joints do for our bodies and why they may be in pain
Joints provide support for our bodies and make it possible for us to move in complex ways. Joint pain may be the result of injury, infection, or inflammation.
Joint pain — knee pain is the most common — may also be connected to arthritis and muscle pain. And, sometimes, the side effect of certain medications, including antibiotics, can cause joint or muscle pain.
If you are experiencing chronic fatigue, you may have joint pain and other symptoms as well.
Why We’re Unique
At Progressive Medical Center, we believe in the importance of finding the root cause of your problem.
Many conventional doctors use prescription medications for pain and inflammation to reduce symptoms, but these medications can have negative effects on your health — they can even make you feel worse!
But we believe a better way exists. At our pain-care center, we prefer natural pain relief alternatives to surgery and painkillers. We practice integrative medicine, a healing-oriented medicine that takes the whole patient into consideration — body, mind, and spirit.
We use natural, effective, and less-invasive methods to treat and eliminate your pain.
Treatments we may recommend for your joint pain
When you come to us, we will develop a personalized treatment plan for you to quickly relieve your symptoms and to find a lasting natural solution to your situation.
We have extensive non-invasive options to treat your joint pain, without surgery. Your treatment plan may include many of the following treatments:
- Acupuncture. Acupuncture treats physical and mental well-being. When stress is the cause of your symptoms, acupuncture can be a great treatment. With this treatment — one of the oldest and most recognized healing systems in the world — you’ll experience no serious side effects.
- Balancing hormones. You may be able to get relief from menopause and joint pain by balancing hormones naturally. We have a variety of ways to treat hormone imbalances.
- Bioelectric treatments. This safe, non-invasive treatment applies a comfortable electrical stimulation to alleviate pain. Bio-electrotherapy uses specific micro-currents resembling currents that are naturally produced by the body, allowing the body to respond and normalize your problem.
- BioMat therapy. This medically approved, FDA-licensed technology helps people recover knotted muscles, upset nerves, and more. BioMat therapy is often able to achieve rapid pain relief.
- Chiropractic. Our chiropractic team uses a variety of methods to help the spine function properly and to treat pain.
- Changes in diet and anti-inflammatory nutrients. We offer nutritional counseling that may be able to treat joint pain and will help with your overall feeling of wellness.
- Detoxification programs. Our detox therapy solutions use food, botanicals, herbs, and vitamins to rid your body of toxins.
- Fine-tuning the gastrointestinal environment. Gut bacteria can profoundly affect immune disorders not related to the gut, such as arthritis. A healthy gut may be able to eliminate your joint pain. Probiotics, diet, and botanical medicines may be used to heal the gastrointestinal tract.
- Oxidative therapies. Oxidative therapies are used for a wide variety of illnesses, including joint pain. Hydrogen peroxide, ozone, and UV light are used to harness the power of free radicals and remove unwanted virus, fungi, bacteria, or cancer cells from the body.
- Prolozone therapy. Prolozone therapy is extremely safe and can be used to help resolve chronic pain. The treatment tightens connective tissue in the joints, leading to greater joint stability and less pain. This homeopathic technique also causes the joints, ligaments, and tendons to regenerate using oxygen, vitamins, and minerals. Here’s how it works: ozone is injected in and around ligaments where they attach to the bone.
- Stemcell Regenerative therapy. Stemcells naturally occur in our bodies and are the master cells. Over time, the number and quality of our own stemcells decline. By replacing joint stemcells with ethically collected newer stemcells, the joint may have the ability to regenerate, for enhanced functionality and comfort.
- Weight loss programs. Your joint pain may be the result of excess weight. Our natural weight loss solutions use a natural, holistic, effective approach to weight loss.
Progressive Medical Center can help treat your joint inflammation and pain
At Progressive Medical Center, we have seen incredible results from our patients. From frozen shoulders that regain full range of motion after one prolozone, to sore knees that can ski again after one stemcell treatment, to the relaxation of back/neck/shoulder muscles after a biomat and acupuncture session. Take action to feel better and more mobile today.
Are you ready to experience the difference?
New patients in Georgia should call 770-676-6000. We look forward to working with you to achieve relief from your pain!