Testimonial Recording Instructions
Thank you so much for recording a testimonial video! We understand recording yourself can be intimidating and confusing. We’ve created these instructions to guide you along the process and help get the most out of shooting your video at home. Here is an example of a patient testimonial filmed at home or office:
- Shoot in the highest quality your device allows: This will vary from camera to camera, but make sure it is at least 1080p.
- If using an iPhone go to: Settings → Camera → Record Video → 4k @ 24fps
- If using an Android: Open Camera → Tap the three stacked lines at the upper corner → Tap “Settings”→ Tap “Resolution”. Adjust the rear and front camera resolution according to your choice on your Android phone.
- If you’re shooting on a prosumer camera (something like a DSLR or Mirrorless camera), we’re going to assume you know where your manual controls are and are at least a little bit familiar with them. If so make sure you’re at:
- Your highest resolution
- Set your shutter to 1/50 or 1/60
- While we love some great depth of field as much as the next production company, make sure you set your aperture at a place where the subject is fully in focus.
- Adjust to the lowest value that is properly exposed.
- If all this sounds like gibberish, you probably don’t need to worry about it.
- Shoot in landscape: horizontal