Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., the Quinolone Vigilance Foundation (QVF) is a volunteer non-profit organization established in 2009 in response to countless victims worldwide who have suffered severe adverse reactions to fluoroquinolone antibiotics.
The foundation offers education for medical professionals and presses for more prudent prescription standards toward a reduction in global antibiotic resistance. QVF also maintains a funding arm for continued research into antibiotic toxicity. Progressive Medical Center have a strong relationship with the foundation, both in education and toxicity patients’ care.
FLUOROQUINOLONE TOXICITY TREATMENT PROTOCOL
For our out-of-town patients, Progressive Medical recommends a two-week treatment plan. The following information is provided to help our patients when making travel arrangements:
1. A patient care specialist will schedule your first consultation with an MD, and then two subsequent visits with an ND and-or PA.
2. You will also meet with a registered dietitian to discuss nutritional support specific to fluoroquinolone toxicity.
3. Securing the following lab tests (within three months) can help with antioxidant therapy scheduling: A G6PD, CBC (to check for anemia) and Chemscreen (including liver enzymes such as AST, ALT and Alkaline Phosphatase)
4. On your first visit, your clinician will also assess you for other therapies including, but not limited to, acupuncture, pain-relieving therapies, upper cervical chiropractic care and energetic modalities including the Biomat, Matrix and PEMF. During your stay, you are also free to use our hyperbaric oxygen chambers and infrared saunas for the benefits of increased healing.
5. Because floroquinolones destroy connective tissue, cardiovascular function and gut health (microbiome) patients udergo the following tests to assess damage:
Progressive Medical Center will adapt treatment programs for patients whose schedules cannot accommodate two weeks, but it is our experience that infusion therapy plays a critical role in establishing wellness. These procedures will also be scheduled before you arrive to ensure your appointment.
SYMPTOMS OF FLUOROQUINOLONE TOXICITY
Spinal disk degeneration
Persistent gastric issues
Chemical and food sensitivities
Ringing in the ears