Integrative Medicine and Wellness
Integrative medicine is healing-oriented medicine that takes account of the whole person (body, mind, and spirit). It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship and makes use of both conventional and alternative ways of healing. At Progressive Medical Center, we offer Integrative Medicine at all of our locations, and focus on helping individuals include their overall quality of life, without having to pop pills or become dependent on addicting medications.
The principles of integrative medicine:
- A partnership between patient and practitioner in the healing process
- Appropriate use of conventional and alternative methods to facilitate the body’s innate healing response
- Consideration of all factors that influence health, wellness and disease, including mind, spirit and community
- A philosophy that neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative therapies uncritically
- Recognition that good medicine should be based in good science, be inquiry driven, and be open to new paradigms
- Use of natural, effective, less-invasive interventions whenever possible
- Use of the broader concepts of promotion of health and the prevention of illness as well as the treatment of disease
The best way to describe integrative medicine is “a combination of both traditional and alternative methods of wellness, using only the best practices backed by medical science.” Many people view holistic or natural remedies as unscientific, which could not be further from the truth. The fact of the matter is that integrative (also referred to as integrated medicine) medicine has been shown in studies to drastically improve conditions associated with over 47 specific, documented medical conditions.
Integrative Medicine: A New Approach
Our medical offices in offer cutting-edge integrative wellness solutions based on sound scientific research. If you are looking for a different approach to solving many of the medical issues and symptoms that plague millions of people around the world on a daily basis, then give us a call, or contact us via our website, and make sure to visit our services page for a full-list of what we offer.